Aral Sea Discovery Tour
Nukus – Mizdahkan complex – Kungrad – Muynak (lunch) – Uchsay village – Ustyurt Plateau – Aral Sea – Yurt camp – Davletgirey (Kurgancha kala) caravan Sarai – Ustyurt Plateau – Sudochie lake – Kungrad – Nukus
2 days / 1 night
Day 01 Nukus – Mizdahkan complex – Kungrad – Muynak – Uchsay village – Ustyurt Plateau – Aral Sea
Pick up and departure from Nukus at 08:30 in the morning. It takes 7 hours’ drive with stops to the Yurt camp at the Aral Sea (about 400 km). Today’s program includes:
– Mizdahkan complex: a necropolis, city of ancient Khorezm (4-2 centuries B.C) where important historical mausoleums and archeological monuments are located.
– Muynak town: visiting Cemetery of ships and Ecological Museum of Muynak and two-course national cuisine lunch in Karakalpak family.
– Ustyurt Plateau: canyons and rocks of Ustyurt cliffs, visiting Kubla-Ustyurt village and camel breeder`s family.
– Aral Sea: while dinner is cooked on open fire travelers may enjoy swimming and hiking, relax in a company at the camp fire, explore the milky way in the clear sky.
– Overnight in the Yurt Camp not far from the Aral Sea.
Day 02 Aral Sea – Davletgirey (Kurgancha kala) – Ustyurt Plateau – Sudochie lake – Kungrad – Nukus
Early breakfast in Yurt camp and departure at 8:00 in the morning. Drive to Nukus (about 400 km, 7 hours’ drive). En route visit:
– Davletgerey (Kurgancha kala) XIII c: an abandoned trading Caravan Sarai in the north of Khorezm kingdom;
– Ustyurt Plateau: mysterious and inscrutable Ustyurt Plateau remains not only huge deposits of gas and oil but also many secrets and riddles.
– The Lake Sudochie: the rich fauna of this lake is famous far beyond from Karakalpakstan. Many scientists and fans of fishing and hunting come to this place from all over the world. The lake is a key stop on the long way of migrating birds: pink flamingo, white swans, duck and others.
– Approximate arrival time in Nukus at about 17:00 in the evening. Upon arrival, drop off to hotel/airport/railway station. End of the tour.
|PAX in a group||PRICE (PER PERSON)|
|– 1 pax (single accom.)||596 USD|
|– 2 pax (twin sharing)||328 USD|
|– 3 pax (twin sharing)||238 USD|
|– 4 pax (twin sharing)||303 USD|
|– 5 pax (twin sharing)||254 USD|
|– 6 pax (twin sharing)||221 USD|
|– 7 pax (twin sharing)||198 USD|
|– Single supplement||15 USD|
|TOUR PRICE INCLUDES|
|+ Accommodation in Yurt camp (twin sharing);|
|+ Meals: 1 breakfast, 2 lunches, 1 dinner;|
|+ All transfers as per the program;|
|+ Entrance tickets as per the program;|
|+ Accompanying English-speaking guide;|
| + Modern transport with A/C:
|+ Mineral water (0.5L) daily per pax;|
|+ Registration fee in Yurt camp;|
|+ Tourism tax.|
|TOUR PRICE EXCLUDES|
|– Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks;|
|– All not mentioned in above program;|
|– Tips for guides, drivers, porters, etc.;|
|– Any personal expenses;|
|– Bank transfer charges;|
|– Medical insurance.|
|* QUOTED HOTELS OF THIS TOUR PACKAGE|
|In the city:||Hotels included:|
|– Aral Sea||Yurt Camp|
Features of the tour:
This tour contains the highlighted cities of Uzbekistan: Tashkent, Khiva, Bukhara, Shakhrisabz and Samarkand by covering cultural, historical, architectural and educational features. As a standard classical tour, its duration is ideal with enough time to learn the famous cities on the Silk Road and at the same time to enjoy one’s holiday.
Best season to travel:
You can travel and enjoy this program all year around however one can feel a little bit uncomfortable to travel in the hottest period of summer (in July) and in winter when the weather is cold. But during these off-season periods, travellers can get special discounted rates for packages by request.
Level of difficulties and age limitation:
This is an easy level tour and there is no age limitation as far as a person has no walking distance problem. Because in some cities such as Khiva and Bukhara, transportation is limited and normally tourists walk around approximately from 3 to 5 km during an excursion.